Last updated: October 2nd, 2023
Note: This page is a translation of its original content in French: Politique de confidentialité. In case of a discrepancy between the French version and one in another language, the French version will take precedence.
Interpretation and definitions
Words whose initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined in the following conditions.
The following definitions have the same meaning, whether they appear in the singular or plural.
- You means the person accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on whose behalf that person accesses or uses the Service, as the case may be.
- Company (referred to as “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to SatelliteWP, 4625 Louis-B.-Mayer B.B., Laval, Quebec H7P 6G5.
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by or is under common control with a party, where “control” means ownership of 50% or more of the shares, interests or other securities entitled to vote for the election of directors or other managing authority.
- Account means a single account created to allow you to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Website refers to SatelliteWP, accessible from www.satellitewp.com
- Service refers to the services offered on the Website.
- Country refers to: Quebec, Canada.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes data on behalf of the Company. These are third party companies or persons employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party social media service refers to any website or social networking website through which a user can log in or create an account to use the service.
- Personal data is any information about an identified or identifiable person.
- Cookies are small files placed on your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing details of your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Device means any device that can access the Service, such as a computer, mobile phone or digital tablet.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, generated either through the use of the Service or from the Infrastructure of the Service itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
Collection and use of your data
Types of data collected
When using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain professionally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Billing and/or delivery address
- Usage data
Usage data is collected automatically when using the service.
Usage data may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, a unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service through or through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, the unique identifier of your mobile device, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers, and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service through or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
You can ask your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use certain parts of our service.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session”. Persistent cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you log out while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We use both session cookies and persistent cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary and Essential Cookies
Managed by: Us
Purpose: These cookies are essential to provide you with the Services available on the website and to allow you to use some of its features. They help authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these cookies, the services you have requested cannot be provided and we only use these cookies to provide you with these services.
- Functionality Cookies
Managed by: Us
Purpose: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when using the website, such as remembering your login information or language. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to prevent you from having to re-enter your preferences each time you use the website.
- Statistics Cookies
Managed by: Third Parties
Purpose: These cookies allow us to generate aggregated statistical data regarding the traffic and behavior of visitors on our website. The collected data also includes elements such as your IP address, geographic location, and information related to your browser.
- Marketing Cookies
Managed by: Third Parties
Purpose: Marketing cookies play a significant role in enabling us to provide you with advertisements tailored to your preferences and interests. They also assist us in limiting the frequency at which the same advertisement is shown to you, assessing the effectiveness of our advertising campaigns and content, analyzing traffic generated by emails to improve our offerings, understanding customer purchase journeys, and ultimately providing a personalized experience.
For more information about the cookies we use and your choices regarding cookies, please contact us.
Use of your data
The Company may use the collected data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our service, including to monitor the use of our service.
- To manage your account: to manage your registration as a user of the Service. The data you provide may give you access to different features of the service that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the elaboration, compliance and commitment of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or any other contract with us through the Service.
- To contact you: to contact you by email, phone call, SMS or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as notifications push a mobile application regarding updates or informational communications related to contracted features, products or services, including security updates, where necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events we offer that are similar to those you have already purchased or viewed, unless you have opted out of receiving such information.
- To manage your requests: to assist us and manage your requests.
We may share your information in the following situations:
- With service providers: We may share your information with service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our service, to contact you.
- For commercial transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during the negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or part of our businesses to another company.
- With business partners: We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: When you share information or otherwise interact in public spaces with other users, this information can be viewed by all users and can be publicly disseminated outside. If you interact with other users or register through a third-party social media service, your contacts on the third-party social media service may see your name, profile, photos, and a description of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to see descriptions of your activity, communicate with you and view your profile.
Retention of your data
The Company will also retain usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except where such data is used to enhance security or to improve the functionality of our service, or where we are legally required to retain such data for longer periods.
Transfer of your data
Your information, including personal data, is processed in the company’s operating offices and in any other location where the parties involved in the processing are located. This means that this information may be transferred to – and stored on – computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of your data
In certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests from public authorities (e.g. a court or government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose your data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing related to the Service
- Protect the personal safety of users of the service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of your data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We and the third-party tracking utilities we partner with may use log files on our website to automatically collect certain information and store it for analysis purposes. This information includes Internet (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date and time, and clickstream data. We use this information to track and compile non-personal information to analyze trends, monitor visitor traffic in the content of our Website, and collect aggregated demographic information about our visitors. We may combine this log file information with other information we collect from or about you to help improve the services we offer, our marketing, analytics, or website features.
Social Media Features and Widgets
Our website contains various features that allow visitors to interact with the content of our website via the social media platform of their choice, such as the Facebook “Like” or “Share” buttons. The use of these interactive widgets or mini-programs on our website is voluntary. These services are provided to improve your browsing experience and your ability to communicate information from our website to the public of your choice. These social media features are hosted by a third party and governed by the privacy statement of the company providing these services.
You can connect to certain content on our website using login services. These services will authenticate your identity through the social media platform of your choice and offer you the opportunity to share with us personal information such as your name and email address. These services give you the opportunity to post information about your activities on our website on your social media page to share with others on your social media network. You may also have the opportunity to comment on some of the content on our website or share information with others by accessing the contacts in your social media account.
We may give you the opportunity to share information from our website with a friend or make a referral by providing an email address or other contact information for that person.
Links to other websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third-party site or service.
- By email: [email protected]
- By phone: 1-844-970-0007
The person responsible for personal information is Maxime Jobin, technology strategist. Any request or complaint related to personal information must be sent by mail to the following address:
Personal Information Protection Officer
4625, Louis-B.-Mayer Street
Laval (Quebec) H7P 6G5